Quick, easy and nutritious artichoke pasta is a perfect midweek dinner. It’s super tasty too!
- 1 tin of Artichoke Hearts
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 100ml Olive Oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoon Green Pesto
- 1 head of broccoli
- Two handfuls of Spinach (about 50g)
- 280g dried spaghetti or linguine
- Pre-heat oven to 200 Celcius
- Chop broccoli into bite-sized florets. Toss in oil and place on a baking tray, season generously with salt + pepper.
- Roast the broccoli for 20 minutes, until the edges are starting to crisp
- Set a large pan of salted water onto boil, cook pasta as per packet instructions
- Add garlic, artichokes, olive oil, lemon juice and two heaped tablespoons of pesto. Blitz until smooth.
- Gently heat the artichoke sauce over medium-low heat.
- Remove broccoli from the oven and chop into small pieces and add to the artichoke sauce, along with the spinach.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a couple of ladle’s full of the water
- Stir in the pasta into the sauce and loosen to your desired consistency using the reserved pasta water (about 4 tablespoons)
- Serve with a generous grinding of freshly cracked black pepper
No Olive Oil, no problem: If you find yourself short of Olive Oil just add 100ml of water when blending the sauce to make sure it blends into a lusciously smooth pasta sauce.
Substitutions: Peppers, Mushrooms, Sweet Potato or Kale could be switched in if you’ve got extra veg to use up and no Broccoli or Spinach, no stress.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: artichoke, artichoke pasta, eat well for less, vegan, store cupboard recipe