This extremely versatile sauce is perfect for smothering pasta OR steak, chicken or pork chops.
- 30g Salted Butter
- 300g Mushrooms
- 1 White Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 100ml White Wine
- 150g Double Cream
- 25g Blue Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Truffle Oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon Greek Yoghurt
- Salt + Pepper
- Melt the butter in a high sided frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add finely chopped onion and soften for about 5 minutes, add the garlic and cook for a further minute or so.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and add to the pan with a couple of large pinches of salt and cook for 4 – 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the white wine, bring to a simmer and reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, when it’s at a simmer crumble in the blue cheese, add the mascarpone and truffle oil if using.
- Once the blue cheese has fully melted season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a stick blender to bring the sauce to your desired consistency. I really like this sauce to be course with some chunks of mushroom.
- Serve with steak, pork chops, chicken breast or stir into pasta.
See above for variations to this extremely versatile sauce.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Sauce
Keywords: Creamy Mushroom Sauce, Mushroom, Steak Sauce, Mushroom Pasta Sauce