Baking isn’t my strong suit – but I do know how to make an absolutely delicious chocolate brownie. These Double Chocolate + Almond Brownies barely made it past the day of baking. Naughty, moreish, fudgy and divine.
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 75g Plain Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 25g Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 large eggs
- 375g Light Brown Sugar
- 50g chopped milk chocolate
- 50g flaked almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper
- Chop the unsalted butter into cubes, and break up the dark chocolate pieces.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of water and heat the water over medium heat. Stir the mixture occasionally as it begins to melt
- In a stand mixer, whisk together the eggs and light brown sugar. Whisk on high until the mixture becomes pale and doubles in volume. This should take about 8 minutes.
- In a bowl, sieve together flour, cocoa powder, ground almonds and baking powder and set aside.
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate mixture, into the egg and sugar mixture and gently fold together in a figure of eight motion.
- Add the flour mix to the eggy chocolate mix, through a sieve and fold together. It will be quite dry at first, but don’t worry about that. It will soon become fudgy and delish.
- Fold in finely chopped milk chocolate and flaked almonds.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tin and smooth out.
- Bake for 18 – 23 minutes, checking after 18 minutes. Piece with a skewer to check. The skewer should come out with a few crumbs.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before transferring to a cooling rack or chopping board to chop up.
- Add a sprinkling of sea salt and some melted milk chocolate if you wish.
Melting the chocolate + butter: You can do this in the microwave if you prefer. Add the butter and chocolate to a microwave-safe container. Heat at 30-second intervals until the butter and chocolate are completely melted.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert