- 200ml Double Cream
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- Tip double cream and coconut milk into a saucepan. Add 3 teaspoons of matcha green tea powder and a pinch of salt, gently heat until the mix just begins to simmer, stirring frequently.
- As soon as the mix begins to simmer remove it from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together egg yolks and caster sugar until the mix is thick and pale in colour.
- Tip the coconut milk mixture, through a sieve, into the egg and sugar mixture and whisk to combine
- Wipe out the pan, and add the custard back in.
- Gently heat the custard on medium-low heat, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture, through a sieve, into a large, clean mixing bowl set over ice. Using a spatula, stir constantly to cool the mixture as quickly as possible, this should take 10 – 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cooled custard to a container, and store in the fridge for 4 – 5 hours before transferring to your ice cream machine.
- Churn the mixture in your ice cream machine as per machine instructions, about 20 minutes into the churn add 3 tablespoons of desiccated coconut.
- Once the ice cream has reached soft scoop consistency transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least one hour before serving
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Dessert