Smokey, spicey and mouthwateringly savoury – this pesto is absolutely to die for! Give it to me in BUCKETS.
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 bulb of Garlic
- 1 Red Chilli
- 20g Sunflower Seeds
- 25g Pine Nuts
- 30g Walnuts
- 75g Sundried Tomatoes
- 5 Anchovies
- 10 Basil Leaves
- 25g Pecorino
- 60ml Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon White Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 celcius
- Toss the peppers in olive oil, and add to a roasting tin, sprinkle with sea salt and roast for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add a bulb of garlic (sliced width ways) and red chilli to the roasting tin and roast for another 20 minutes.
- Toast sunflower seeds, pinenuts and walnuts in a dry pan until fragrant and golden.
- Remove the peppers, garlic and chilli from the oven, and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove the seeds from the peppers, and add to a food processor. Remove the stalk from the chillis and add to the food processor.
- Carefully pop each garlic clove out of its skin and add to the food processor. Don’t worry if the garlic looks slightly black, this is going to be delicious.
- Add the nuts, and all remaining ingredients to the food processor and blitz until you have fairly smooth, thick paste.
- If you’re not using the pesto straight away transfer to a clean jar and refrigerate until needed.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Sauce