Super simple, seven ingredient basil vinaigrette. Perfect with a super simple tomato and mozzarella salad. Feeling fancy? Chuck in some pancetta.
- 1 banana shallot
- Juice of half a lemon
- 10g basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- large pinch of salt
- 180ml extra virgin olive oil
- Peel and roughly chop shallot and garlic
- Add to blender with the remaining ingredients and blitz to a smooth vinaigrette.
- Serve over tomatoes, mozzarella and pancetta. Use to marinate tomatoes or drizzle over salads.
Storage: This dressing will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for at least a month, make sure you give it a shake before using each time.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Salad